Help for landlords and letting out homes
Landlords and letting out homes
Help renting out a home
If you’ve got a property to rent out, we have a free service to help you get started and to find a tenant.
Advice for landlords
If you’re a landlord you can find useful information on our advice for landlords page, including information about houses in multiple occupation.
Become a supported lodgings host
If you’ve got a spare room and would be interested in providing support for a young person who has recently left care, we’d love to hear from you.
Our new landlord portal allows you to access information about your tenant’s Housing Benefit claim if payments are made directly to you.
To access the portal you’ll need to register and complete an online declaration. Once logged in you will be issued with a secure token by email with a unique reference valid for that session.
Once your account has been set up, you will be able to:
- view your payment schedules including details of previous payments made to you
- access details of Housing Benefit entitlement for tenants you receive direct payment for
- check the status of your tenant’s claim
- view future amounts and due dates
- report a change in your tenant’s circumstances
- view your notification letters
Please note: all queries that can be answered by using the landlord portal will no longer be responded to by any other channel of communication.sign in to the landlord portal