- permits do not guarantee a space
- permits are only valid as described . See your permit for more information
- permits must be displayed on the windscreen with the entire permit visible from outside the vehicle. Failure to display a permit may result in an excess charge being issued. Each permit will be sent with one permit holder, extra permit holders can be bought for £1 each
- permits remain our property. Any misuse of a permit will result in it being withdrawn immediately and an excess charge being issued. It is illegal to copy or alter a parking permit
- parking attendants may ask to see a permit
- resident’s permits are only valid for a specific vehicle
- trader’s permits may be allocated to either specific vehicles or specific businesses
- medical permits can be allocated to specific vehicles, surgeries or practices
- blue badge holders can park without charge and without a time limit while displaying a valid blue badge (time clocks don’t need to be used) which must be presented for inspection if requested.
- we are not liable for any loss or damage caused to people or vehicles while using our parking bays
- unauthorised vehicles must not park in a suspended bay or off-street car park
- all vehicles should be parked within the marked parking bay(s)
- the permit cannot be used to park a caravan or trailer whether attached to or disconnected from the permitted vehicle
- it is the responsibility of the permit holder to apply for a new permit at least two weeks before the old one expires
- parking permits will not be issued if there are outstanding unpaid excess charge(s) against the vehicle, driver or keeper
- the permit does not allow parking in disabled bays, loading bays, bus stops or restricted parking areas
- registration numbers or details on the permit can be changed for a £10 admin fee and proof of vehicle keeper being presented.
Conditions for all permits
Additional conditions for residential permit
- only those residential households within the charging area are eligible to apply for permits
- residential permits are limited to two per household
- at least one proof of residency must be provided together with vehicle details (V5 vehicle keeper document) and driver’s licence
- permits will normally be allocated to a vehicle registration number unless otherwise agreed
- registration numbers can be changed for a £10 administration fee and proof of vehicle keeper being presented
- visitors are expected to pay and display and be subject to the parking restrictions or park outside the charged area during the hours of operation
- residential permits are for residents only
- permits do not guarantee a space
- refunds will be given based on whole months remaining on the permit at the date surrendered, minus a £7 administration fee
- when Locking Road car park is closed, for example during events, permit C holders will be allowed to park in Hampton and Madeira car parks
- if you change your vehicle or move to a different address inside the parking zone area you must complete a new application form, if you move to an address outside of the parking zone the permit(s) must be returned to us.
Additional conditions for medical permits
- medical permits can be allocated to specific vehicles or surgeries or practices
- permits do not guarantee a space. Time clocks supplied with permits must be set accurately on arrival
- health worker permits allow parking in any vacant pay and display bay for a maximum of two hours with no return to the same street for two hours
- failure to display the correct permit and time clock could result in a parking fine notice being issued.
Additional conditions for trade permits
- trades permits may be allocated to either specific vehicles or specific businesses
- permits do not guarantee a space and spaces cannot be reserved.