There are two levels of PCN – a higher level and a lower level – depending on what the parking contravention is.
There is a 50% discount if the PCN is paid within 14 days. If a PCN is unpaid it will increase by 50% after we have issued a charge certificate and it will be registered as a debt. Unpaid debts will be recovered by enforcement agents and will incur additional charges.
The following PCN costs are in force across North Somerset:
- higher level PCN – £70.00
- if paid within 14 days – £35.00
- if unpaid and after service of a charge certificate – £105.00
- lower level PCN – £50.00
- if paid within 14 days – £25.00
- if unpaid and after service of a charge certificate – £75.00
CPE is enforced by our team of civil enforcement officers who work seven days a week throughout the area.
The Secretary of State decides which contraventions are at which levels and sets PCN costs. You can find what level a contravention is by reading the government’s legislation.