road crossing hills logo
How to pay for a fixed penalty notice

Pay for a notice - nine digit reference number

If your penalty charge notice has a nine digit reference number, it has been issued by Local Authority Support. They are contractors who work on behalf of the council. 

You can pay in one of three ways: 

  • online
  • by phone
  • in person

Paying online

You can pay online via Local Authority Support's online payment portal.

You will need your reference number to do this. This can be found at the top of your notice. 

Paying by phone

Payment can be made at any time over the phone using the automated payment system. This system accepts card payments only.

To do this, you will need:

  • your debit/credit card details
  • your notice reference number

FPN automated payment system

Pay in person

You can pay for a fixed penalty notice in person at any Payzone outlet. 

Please note you will have to take your FPN with you, as they will need to scan the barcode. 

If you are paying in person, you are also required to pay the full amount. 

If you have lost your notice

If you have lost your FPN, call Local Authority Support’s payment helpline. They can help locate your reference number.

Local Authority Support payment hotline


If you have received an FPN, and you don't agree you committed the offence, your only right of appeal is in a court.

It will be up to the court, on receiving evidence, to decide whether an offence was committed and if you should pay the penalty.

Disputing your notice

You can query a FPN. This is called a representation.

Representations must be made in writing. We cannot accept representations over the phone.

If you wish to make a representation for a notice with a nine digit reference number, you will need to email or send a letter to Local Authority Support.

Kingdom LA Support, Kingdom House, 1 Woodlands Park, Ashton Road, Newton-le-Willows, WA12 0HF