We can tell you if you need planning permission or not. We charge £80 for this service.
To give this advice, please provide us with enough information as possible to understand your proposal.
We recommend you:
- include photographs and sketches
- show any measurements in metric
- avoid sending personal or sensitive information
- avoid sending third party information without consent
- do not include offensive statements that could become subject to prosecution
Terms and conditions
- we aim to reply within 15 working days – if we can’t we will let you know a date we will reply
- advice given is based on the information you give – if we don’t have enough information we will let you know
- we will encourage early involvement with local councillors
- a proposal without pre-application advice can be refused, without negotiation, when it doesn’t meet our policies
- advice given is our informal opinion on the date sent
- act upon the advice we give within six months – changes to planning policy, interpretation of policy, or any other relevant issues can result in advice becoming out of date
- when unable to act quickly on advice, contact us to ask if advice is still valid – fees may apply