Opening times and address
Our recycling centres
Our recycling centres during the coronavirus pandemic
You should only visit if it is absolutely necessary and you do not have coronavirus symptoms.
Waste from anyone with coronavirus should be double-bagged, tied securely and stored at home until at least 72 hours (three days) after symptoms have passed.
Only one person from each household should visit, unless you have mobility issues or a heavy item which requires two people to load into the vehicle. In this case the same two people should unload into the skip. Staff will not be able to help.
From Monday 26 October we are removing the number plate odds and evens entry system. Any number plate can visit on any day of the week although vehicles and trailers requiring a permit can access Monday-Saturday only. All trailers will only be allowed in during the final hour of opening.
We are monitoring numbers of vehicles visiting and the sites are currently managing well, although queues may form at busy periods. If the situation changes, the number plate odds and evens system may be reintroduced.
Before your visit
Before visiting our recycling centres:
- check the opening times of your nearest centre
- sort your items when you pack your car to save time when you get to the centre
- pack your vehicle carefully to maximise your visit
- use a mapping app with a live traffic layer so that you can see how busy the roads are near the centre
The usual restrictions apply to what you can bring but be aware that staff will not be able to help unload items.
When you arrive at the centre
When you arrive at one of our recycling centres you should:
- read all the signs to help you use the site safely
- be patient and respectful to staff on site and follow their instructions - delays are beyond their control
- stay in your vehicle until it is necessary to get out
- wear protective gloves to avoid injury and to protect yourself from infection
- follow social distancing - only one person should be at each skip at any time
After your visit
When you get home from the recycling centre you should wash your hands straight away.
Our recycling centres are provided for North Somerset residents only. We may ask for proof of address when you visit. We use automatic number plate recognition to check how often the centres are used and to prevent unauthorised use.
Our recycling centres are for household waste only. We do not accept any commercial waste. This includes any waste collected for a fee such as house clearances, waste from shops and offices and waste from gardening businesses.
All our sites are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Backwell is closed on all bank holidays.
Our recycling centres opening hours change in the winter/summer months.
Separate your waste before your visit and recycle as much as you can. We carry out spot checks on rubbish bags to check no recyclable material is thrown in with normal rubbish.
Please respect staff at the recycling centres – we don’t tolerate abuse and all sites are monitored by CCTV.