Opening times and address
Our recycling centres
Our recycling centres during the coronavirus pandemic
Our recycling centres will remain open for essential journeys during the national lockdown from 5 November to 2 December. Restrictions are in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
You should only visit if it is absolutely necessary. If you can safely store the waste at home until after the lockdown then you should do so.
- Site restrictions include limiting the number of vehicles so queues are likely. If you are queuing for a recycling centre on the roads surrounding the site, please be mindful of local residents. For everyone’s safety, if queues are too long you may be asked to return another day.
- Do not visit if you have symptoms of coronavirus. Waste from anyone with coronavirus should be double-bagged, tied securely and stored at home until at least 72 hours (three days) after symptoms have passed.
- Only one person from a single household should visit, unless you have mobility issues or a heavy item that requires two people to load into the vehicle. In this case, the same two people should unload into the skip. Staff will not be able to help.
- Any number plate can visit on any day of the week, although vehicles and trailers requiring a permit can access Monday-Saturday only. Trailers will only be allowed in during the final hour of opening.
- Please make full use of your kerbside recycling service. You can order additional recycling boxes and food waste caddies and we will deliver these to you.
Our recycling centres are provided for North Somerset residents only. We may ask for proof of address when you visit. We use automatic number plate recognition to check how often the centres are used and to prevent unauthorised use.
Our recycling centres are for household waste only. We do not accept any commercial waste. This includes any waste collected for a fee such as house clearances, waste from shops and offices and waste from gardening businesses.
All our sites are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Backwell is closed on all bank holidays.
Our recycling centres opening hours change in the winter/summer months.
Separate your waste before your visit and recycle as much as you can. We carry out spot checks on rubbish bags to check no recyclable material is thrown in with normal rubbish.
Please respect staff at the recycling centres – we don’t tolerate abuse and all sites are monitored by CCTV.