You need this licence if you wish to place objects or structures on the highway, such as:
- building materials
- mobile elevated work platforms
- a tower crane oversailing the highway
Applications must be made by the company providing the service or carrying out the work and
- be made at least five working days before they are needed
- sent in with the applicable fee
- we must hold a valid copy of the company’s public liability insurance (to be emailed annually to email@example.com upon renewal), with a minimum value of £5m
If you have not had a response within five working days, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You cannot proceed until you have heard from us.
Permits can be granted for a minimum of one day up to a maximum of one month.
We reserve the right to remove objects or structures on the highway without a permit (fees including any storage may apply).