What goes in your garden waste bin
Garden waste is collected fortnightly for most of the year, and monthly during December, January and February.
Put these items in your garden waste bin:
- grass cuttings and prunings
- flowers, leaves, plants and weeds
- fruit and vegetables grown in your garden
- hedge and conifer clippings
- twigs and tree branches of a maximum 10cm diameter
We will not accept:
- soil, turf, stone or rubble
- treated wood
- plant pots
- cat and dog litter
If you’ve thought about home composting instead, we can help to get you started.