The Substance Advice Service is a specialist service for young people, families, carers, and professionals.
We provide young people with support, information, and advice about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco. We can also provide treatment interventions for anyone who wants to reduce or to stop their substance use.
As part of our service, we can provide intermediate and advanced level drugs training sessions for council employees and other relevant professionals. These can be booked via CPD online.
Other services include:
- Individual support and counselling for young people, families and carers
- treatment services
- consultation and support to partner agencies
- health promotion at events
- educational resources
Education and treatment services
SAS provide an individual tailored programme of drugs and alcohol education and treatment for young people.
- holistic health assessment
- advice, guidance and support
- harm reduction
- relapse prevention
- groupwork in schools and other youth organisations
- referral to tier 4 services
- through care and after care
- diversionary activities
- support to stop smoking