The mobile library will open from Monday 19 October 2020.
No new Click and Collect orders will be taken after this date. If you have previously arranged to pick up Click and Collect items, these will still be available to collect from the vehicle.
We have had to make some changes for the safety of our staff and customers:
- all customers must wear a mask while on board the vehicle, unless medically exempt
- all customers must sanitise their hands upon boarding, using the sanitiser provided
- we will only be allowing a limited number of people on board at a time. Numbers will be restricted to either one person, one bubble or one family group
- in order to allow as many people to use the service as possible, we ask that you minimise your time on board, choosing books as quickly as you can.
- you may have to queue for a short time before you can board the vehicle
- a traffic light system will show you when you are able to enter
- the amount of stock on the vehicle will be slightly reduced
- if you only need to return items, you can do so without queuing by dropping the items in the return boxes outside the vehicle
- libraries are required to keep records of all visitors for Test and Trace purposes.
- if you have downloaded the NHS Covid-19 app, you can scan the QR code on entry to the vehicle.
- if you do not have access to the app, our staff will take your details. Details are kept for 21 days and then securely disposed of.
- you must maintain a two metre distance from others outside your bubble or family group when you are in the queue or on the vehicle
- staff on board have limited capacity to take reservations requests at present.
- we are unable to safely operate our step lift whilst maintaining social distancing. If your circumstances mean that it is not possible for you to access any of our libraries in person, including the Mobile Library, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01934 426 657 as you may be eligible for our Home Library Service.