About abandoned vehicles

Before making a report

Check if a vehicle is taxed and has a valid MOT before reporting it as abandoned. The DVLA are responsible for dealing with untaxed vehicles.

check if a vehicle is taxed using the Gov.UK website report an untaxed vehicle using the Gov.UK website

Reporting abandoned vehicles

sign into MyAccount to report an abandoned vehicle

Getting your vehicle back

If you think we have removed your vehicle, you will need to contact us and provide your V5 log book or proof of ownership, and your driving licence. You’ll also need to show us either a valid passport, birth certificate, rent book or recent bill as additional proof of identification.

You’ll be charged a daily storage fee, payable in cash or by credit or debit card.

Council Connect

01275 888 802