Cookies on our website
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies. The analytics cookies used by our website have these names:
The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about its use.
We use Agilisys Engage to understand how our visitors are using our website. We use this data to help make improvements to how we present information on the website and improve our online forms to make them easier to use.
Using Agilisys Engage, we collect:
- the address of the device you are using to view our site
- how you interact with our pages – what mouse movements you make, whether you scroll down the page, how long you take filling in the various boxes in forms online
Agilisys Engage helps us to understand when visitors make more than one visit to our website. We use standard tracking tools to remember that you have been to our site before. The tracking technology is called a ‘cookie’.
If you look in your web browser’s settings it will show you which cookies you have. You are likely to have lots of cookies from the different sites that you visit on the internet. The cookies that have come from the Agilisys Engage tool are:
MyAccount uses the following cookies:
- ASP.Net_SessionID :- This cookie is necessary for site functionality. It stores a unique identifier for each visit to retain session state across multiple pages.
- HASH_ASP.NET_SessionId :- This cookie is necessary for site functionality. It is used to prevent anyone from guessing the session ID
- ModalShown: – This is used to display the Menu pop up (where enabled)
- MyAccountIdentificationNorthSomerset:- This cookie is necessary for site functionality. It is used to ensure that the user is authenticated. We use this to store information critical to the system
We use Hotjar as a monitoring tool for our website and MyAccount. Hotjar records how long a user spends on each page, how they move their mouse and where they click. This helps us to develop an understanding of how easy it is for you to use our website. This analytical data is collected by Hotjar, and provided to us in an entirely anonymised format. Any information you enter onto our website or in MyAcount, for example in a text box, or when filling in a form, is not observed as part of the Hotjar tool.
North Somerset Online Directory
The cookies used for this site are:
- Generic Session Cookie (JSESSIONID) – this cookie is essential for various parts of the website to function properly. It expires when you close your browser
- KB5 Cookies (KBCookie and KBLoggedIn) – KB5 manages the display of the website. These two cookies are essential for various parts of the website to function properly. __KBCookie__ contains a unique string to identify your session and __KBLoggedIn__ flags your authentication status. These cookies expire when you close your browser