Get online at your local library
Libraries in North Somerset are celebrating national Get Online Week which runs from Monday 17 -Sunday 23 October.
Help someone you know get online. The tenth annual campaign will show how the internet can make life easier, cheaper, healthier, and more fun and inspire people to get online and see what the internet could do for them!
Get Online Week is the year’s biggest digital inclusion campaign. In the last decade it’s helped almost 500,000 people discover the benefits of getting online.
This year it’s encouraging people to see how the internet can make almost anything a little easier – from staying healthy or finding work, to saving money and having fun. The annual national campaign aims to engage thousands of people and inspire them to get online and see what the internet could do for them. There are still 10 million people in the UK who don’t have the basic online skills to make the most of the internet.
Libraries have a key role to play with helping people to get online and have volunteers and partners such as AgeUK who provide regular ICT help in the library to get people online.
Events taking place in North Somerset libraries are:
- Facebook – Monday 17 October, Clevedon Library Sessions 2pm, 3pm or 4pm. Free online introductory session on Facebook. Booking essential on 01934 426 020
- Online help – Tuesday 18 October, Portishead Library. Free help support session 11am – 5pm. Booking essential – phone 01934 426 040
- Online help – Tuesday 18 October, Worle Library 10am-1pm. Book a support session by calling 01934 426 090
- Gadget club – Wednesday 19 October, For All Healthy Living Centre Library 10am-12noon. Gadget help and try out iPads and tablets devices. 01934 426 111
- eBay – Wednesday 19 October, Information Station, St Andrews Parade opposite the Healthy Living Centre 10am-3pm. Find out how to buy and sell on eBay
- Interested in borrowing an iPad? – Thursday 20 October,Yatton Library 2-4pm. Find out about our trial loan service – starting soon. Call 01275 888 447
- Gadget club – Friday 21 October, Weston Library 10 – 11pm. Drop-in for gadget help to try out tablets and iPads. First of a weekly session – phone 01934 426 010
- Online help – Friday 21 October, Portishead Library. Book a support session 2-5pm. Phone 01934 426 020
- Gadget help -Saturday 22 October, Yatton Library, 10.30am-12 noon. Help with tablets and iPads at the library or phone 01934 426 100
- Online help – Saturday 22 October Long Ashton Library 1.30-3.30pm. Find out about getting online – call 01934 426 060.
Find out more about how this week has helped with individual success stories at https://www.getonlineweek.com/
Get Online Week is run by Tinder Foundation, a not-for-profit social enterprise that makes good things happen through digital technology.