Upcoming events at Clevedon library
Clevedon Library is giving you a chance to reduce stress and boost your mood during January and February, with a range of free activities and events for adults. Why not come along, try something different and meet new people?
- Monday 16 January 9.30am – 1pm – enjoy a free drink while you choose your next read from the great selection we have on offer. Sussex University found that reading was 68% better at reducing stress than listening to music, 300% better than going for a walk and 700% more than playing video games.
- Thursday 19 January 10am – noon – book folding
- Tuesday 24 January 4 – 6pm – t-bag paper folding
- Monday 30 January 10am – noon – beginners crochet
- Tuesday 7 February 12.30 – 2.30pm – get creative with fabric scraps
- Friday 17 February 10am -noon – card making, flower cards.
If you are interested in joining a reading group or want to know how to set one up, see Sue Rossiter on Thursday 26h January between 10am-noon. The library service is able to help with this.
The library will also be holding a Scrabble afternoon, adult colouring, and storytime for grown-ups. Contact Clevedon Library for more information on 01934 426 020 or see the website for details, www.n-somerset.gov.uk/libraries
Are you struggling to pay your energy bills? Do you need help to keep your home warm and reduce mould and damp? Thinking about different lighting, heating or insulation options? Then come along to a drop-in session at Clevedon Library, bring along your energy bills and see what help is available. There are two sessions to help with your energy questions:
- Friday 13 January 10.30am – 2.30pm
- Tuesday 3 January 4 – 7pm.
They will be run by staff and volunteers from the Centre for Sustainable Energy. For further details please contact the Library.