Car parks, recycling centres and play areas close
North Somerset Council has closed play areas, recycling centres and a number of car parks today following last night’s government announcement about the introduction of more stringent social distancing measures.
In line with the government guidance the council has closed all three of its recycling centres at Backwell, Portishead and Weston-super-Mare until further notice. Trips to recycling centres are not included on the government list of essential reasons for travel.
Play areas are also being closed to ensure that any visits to parks are only for the purposes of exercise as outlined by government. Residents should not attempt to use any play areas until further notice.
Nine car parks are also being closed to reduce the opportunity for people to visit areas that are not associated with the acceptable reasons for travel. They are:
- Salthouse, Clevedon
- Bus Terminus, Kewstoke/Sand Bay
- Beach Road (opposite Commodore), Kewstoke/Sand Bay
- Marine Parade, Weston-super-Mare
- Uphill Beach, Uphill
- Knightstone Causeway, Weston-super-Mare (access will remain for residents)
- Melrose, Weston-super-Mare
- Worlebury Woods, Weston-super-Mare
- Kilkenny Fields and cricket club car park Lake Grounds, Portishead.
All of these measures will remain in place until further notice to support the additional social distancing measures and protect lives. Residents are urged to comply with government advice.