Help with collections

If you need help to put your bins out, or your household waste includes medical waste, we can help. We can also arrange special collections for large items such as beds and white goods.

Assisted collections

If you are unable to put your bins out for collection, and there is no-one who can do it for you, we may be able to help.

We can collect your bins from an agreed location on your property, and then return them to the same place when we’ve emptied them.

If you’d like to request this service, sign into MyAccount and select ‘request assisted collection’. You will be asked a few simple questions including your address and how long you need an assisted collection for.

Once you’ve submitted your application, we’ll look at your request and get in contact with you to arrange a visit.

Bulky waste collection

We can arrange to collect large household items you can’t get to a recycling centre.

We work with Changing Lives, a local charity who can collect bulky waste such as sofas, beds and fridges.

If you’d like to use this service, contact us and we’ll pass on your details to Changing Lives. They’ll get in touch with you to discuss the collection and any costs.

They usually collect items within 10 working days of receiving your request.

Council Connect

01934 888 802

Clinical waste collections

If you routinely have medical waste in your home including dressings, boxed needles and other sharps, we can collect these from you if we have permission from your doctor.

If you are not sure if your waste is clinical, check with your doctor

You’ll need to contact your doctor to ask for a collection. The NHS will give you a medical waste container.

If your doctor requests a weekly collection we will empty your medical waste container every week, free of charge. Your doctor will let us know and we will arrange collection.

If your doctor says you need an ad-hoc collection, you will need to tell us you have a medical waste container which needs emptying. Tell us by emailing our clinical waste team:

We don’t collect from nursing homes or day nurseries. Talk to the property manager if you need this type of service.