We cannot guarantee schools will accept all the children who apply. If your application is not successful we will write to you explaining why.
You will be given these options:
- We will offer you a place at another school
- This might be one of your other preferences, or will be the nearest school to your home with a place available. You can accept the place we offer or keep your child at their current school.
- You can request to be added to a waiting list for your preferred school and we will contact you when a place is available
- Your details are only kept until the end of the current term. To keep your details on a waiting list you need to contact us at the start of each term. Sometimes we may advise you to contact the school directly.
- You can make an appeal
- You will be asked to explain to an independent appeal panel why your child should attend your preferred school.