Changing your applications
Modification of planning obligations
Planning obligations (section 106 agreements) are conditions we sometimes ask for to reduce the impact of a development.
When agreed, planning obligations can be:
- changed using a deed of modification
- discharged when:
- an obligation is no longer needed
- we agree for it to be modified
To apply, complete our:send your completed application using our contact form
- discharge an obligation if it is no longer needed to serve a useful purpose
- agree to modify an obligation if we consider an obligation is still needed but can be changed to meet the needs proposed in the application
- refuse to discharge the obligation if we consider that the obligation still serves a useful purpose
Applicants are expected to pay our legal costs and may need to agree this, in writing, before a decision is made. We have eight weeks to decide an application. You can appeal to the Planning Inspectorate against refusal or when no decision is made.