Have your say
We want to hear your views on the proposed public realm, cycle and pedestrian changes in Weston-super-Mare.
The proposed changes to Baker Street and Milton Road are intended to give more space to people using the streets, especially outside the primary school and will link the existing Summerlands cycle route to Weston town centre and seafront. There are opportunities to provide more seating, plants and trees, and having narrower junctions at side roads will make crossing safer for all.
The new proposals include:
• a wider pavement in front of the school to allow more space for school children and parents
• better crossings facilities
• more seating, greenery, and trees
• a 20mph speed limit, helping make streets safer for all
• a new mandatory cycle lane in Milton Road, with a westward cycle track in Baker Street
• making Baker Street, Glebe Road and Wooler Road one-way, reducing through traffic and allowing more parking.