About noise complaints

We can take action to control and reduce noise nuisanceĀ in the area.

Report a noise nuisance

Where possible we will try to resolve noise problems informally. If this doesn’t work we can take action to stop the noise nuisance. We can investigate:

  • continuous dog barking
  • continuous sounding of car or house alarms
  • DIY activities for prolonged periods of time or at unreasonable hours
  • loud amplified music or loud TV
  • commercial noise – for example from construction sites or demolition work
  • licensed premises noise – for example from pubs and clubs
environmental protection

01934 888 802


Complaints about aircraft noise should be referred to the Civil Aviation Authority.