Moving home or changes in your circumstances

Use MyAccount to update your name or address if you are moving within North Somerset, or complete our contact form providing:

  • your name
  • the address you are moving from
  • the date you are moving out
  • the address you are moving to
  • the date the property was purchased or tenancy started
  • if rented, the name and address of the landlord
  • if you pay by Direct Debit, and would like to continue paying this way
  • if you have any discounts or exemptions that need to continue

We will update our records and issue a bill.

update your details using MyAccount

If you can’t update your details using MyAccount, complete an enquiry form we will contact you.

contact us about council tax

Updating your Council Tax details does not automatically register you to vote at election. To do this visit the website.

Tell us if your name has changed

To advise us of a name change, for example by marriage or deed poll, use our online form to let us know.

tell us your name has changed

Tell us if your tenants have moved

If you are a landlord advising us that your tenants have moved, use our online form to let us know.

tell us your tenants have moved

Tell us if you are selling your second home

If you are advising us of the sale of your second home, use our online form to let us know.

tell us you’re selling your second home

Tell us if you are moving to another country

To advise us you are moving out of the UK, complete our online enquiry form.

tell us you’re moving abroad

Registering for Council Tax

If you have just moved into North Somerset, or you have moved into your own home for the first time, you will need to register for Council Tax.

register for Council Tax using MyAccount