Difficulty paying your Council Tax
Help if you’re struggling to pay your Council Tax
We understand that sometimes people have difficulty paying their bills. If you’re having problems paying Council Tax, contact us as soon as you can, and we will try to help.contact us about your Council Tax
If you receive benefits or are on a low income you could qualify for Council Tax support which will reduce the amount you need to pay.
You might also be eligible for a discount on your bill or exemption from Council Tax.
You can find more help and advice from Citizens Advice and the StepChange debt charity.
If you get Council Tax support and are struggling to pay your Council Tax, our FirstSteps will try to help you.
FirstSteps offer a non-judgemental and supportive service that is sensitive to your individual circumstances. They will help you to:
- avoid rising costs by providing immediate intervention
- check you’re claiming all the benefits and support you’re entitled to
- let you know about any schemes and organisations that could help you
- book you in for an appointment with Citizens Advice North Somerset
- work with you to find a repayment plan that is affordable and adaptable if your circumstances change