Emergency closures and information
Travel and roads
Some car parks in the area that were closed at the start of the lockdown have reopened.They are
- Knightstone Causeway, Melrose and Worlebury Woods in Weston
- Bus Terminus and Beach Road in Kewstoke/Sand Bay
- the cricket club car park at the Lake Grounds in Portishead.
The seafront and beach car parks in Weston, and the seafront lake grounds car park in Portishead will stay closed. The Beach on street parking next to the pier in Clevedon is also closed until further notice.
It will be cashless payments only in these car parks where charges apply and the number of ticket machines everywhere else will be reduced, minimising the risk of transmitting coronavirus by handling cash or touching payment machines.
Cashless payments can be made by using the MiPermit app, free to download on your smart phone, by text or online. Details of the payment options will be displayed in each parking area.
Normal parking enforcement, in car parks and on-street, is in place across the district.
Most bus services in North Somerset are now operating emergency timetables and some services have now been suspended. For more information about local bus, rail and coach services visit the travelwest website where you can search for your local bus service number to find out if this service is operating and at what frequency.
Please only travel if your journey is essential. If you have to travel by bus, follow this advice:
- board the bus one at a time
- remain two metres apart
- pay via contactless or an app if you can
- do not travel if you feel unwell
- cough/sneeze into a tissue or the inside of your arm
- wash your hands before & after travelling
To ensure the safety of drivers and passengers, we have now suspended the following council-supported services:
- Bus Service 88 – Nailsea to Clevedon via Portishead
- Bus Service A5 – Winford to Winscombe via Wrington
- Community Bus L1 – Locking Parklands and Haywood Village
- Community Bus B1 – Bleadon
- Community Bus C1 – Worlebury
- Community Bus C2 – South Road/Hillside
- Bus Service 128 – Blagdon to Nailsea via Clevedon
- Bus Service 135 – Winford to Weston-super-Mare via Wrington
- Bus Service 672 – Blagdon to Bristol via Dundry
Stay up to date
Follow our social media accounts for the latest updates on roads and travel in North Somerset:
- Follow @NSomersetC and @NStravel_roads on Twitter.
- Follow ‘North Somerset Council‘, ‘North Somerset Travel and Roads‘ and ‘North Somerset Public Transport‘ on Facebook.