If you are working, on a low-income and are required to self-isolate but can't work from home, you could be eligible for a £500 payment.
The Test and Trace support payment scheme started on Monday 28 September and will close on 31 January 2021.
You will be able to apply for the Test and Trace support payment on this page from Monday 12 October.
If you live in North Somerset and have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, you will be entitled to a self-isolation payment if you satisfy all four of the following requirements:
- you are aged 16 or over
- you comply with the notification from NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate
- you are employed or self-employed
- you are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit
Who isn’t eligible
You will not be eligible for the scheme if you:
- are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period)
- continue to receive full wages while you self-isolate
- can work from home during a period of self-isolation
- are no longer required to self-isolate, for example if your period of self-isolation ended before the scheme launched on Monday 28 September
- have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate
When you can apply
You have to complete your application within two weeks of your self-isolation period ending.
You can't claim if your self-isolation period ended before Monday 28 September.
Apply for a Test and Trace support payment
If you live in North Somerset, you can apply for the Test and Trace support payment using our online form.
Applications will be back-dated from the launch date of the scheme on Monday 28 September.
Before you apply
To complete the form you will need:
- a copy of your latest bank statement (one issued within the last two months which must clearly show proof of earnings)
- proof of self-employment, for example, recent business bank statement (within the last two months), most recent set of accounts or evidence of self-assessment returns
- proof of your NHS Account ID for coronavirus COVID-19
- proof of the Account ID you have received from NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate
- your National Insurance Number
If you can't supply this information, we will be unable to consider your claim and you will not receive a payment.