Group of people logo
Children's licences and permits

Performance licences

A production may need a child performance licence if children are performing in:

  • theatre, pantomimes or amateur dramatics
  • films or TV
  • advertisements
  • a band or choir
  • internet or stills modelling

The producer should apply for a child performance licence from the local authority where the child lives.

Submitting your application

Please make sure you send your completed application form to us no less than 21 days before the first performance or activity for which the licence is requested. Otherwise the licence may not be granted.

COVID-19 medical forms

Due to COVID-19, we will now also require a completed medical declaration form with your license application. This will need to include the following: 

  • a copy of the organisations COVID-19 risk assessment
  • a signed medical declaration form for the child performer (available below)

Please submit your documents to the below email address along with your application. 

Body of persons application

A body of persons application (BOPA) provides an exemption to an organisation that would normally be required to individually license children taking part in performances.