Chaperone licences

A chaperone who is responsible for the child’s welfare during their performance will be required for children performing in:

  • theatre, pantomimes or amateur dramatics
  • films or TV
  • advertisements
  • a band or choir
  • internet or stills modelling

We license chaperones who live in North Somerset. They are all security checked and undergo an informal interview with us to gain their licence. We urge parents to check that anyone who chaperones their child has a valid licence. If you have any doubts then you should check their details with us.


The Children and Young Persons Act 1933 and 1963

The Children (Performance and Activities) (England) Regulation 2014

The Children (Protection At Work) Regulations 1998

child licensing enquiries

01934 426 755