Master composters are trained volunteers who educate people – friends, neighbours and the local community – in composting. This can involve attending events, giving talks, writing newsletters, networking, and using social media to engage with people.
Attitudes and behaviour are influenced by those around us, so volunteers can have a positive impact on our communities and the environment. We are looking for people of all ages and from all backgrounds to volunteer to become master composters.
Request a master composter to attend your event
If you would like a trained master composter to attend your event, email the following information to this address: email@example.com
- your name
- your contact details
- event date and time
- summary of event
Become a master composter
Becoming a master composter gives you the opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, and be part of a network of likeminded people from across the area.
We ask that you commit to 30 hours of volunteer work per year. In return, we offer:
- all the resources you will need to promote composting
- full training via an induction workshop and additional training sessions – no prior experience needed
- expert advice from Garden Organic and our local project co-ordinator
- socials for the opportunity to meet other volunteers
- free membership to Garden Organic
- access to a dedicated volunteer website and regular newsletters