Appealing your Council Tax support

If you disagree with a decision we’ve made about your Council Tax support claim you can ask us to explain or look at it again.

You’ll need to complete the appeal application document and send it back to us. You should give detailed reasons for your appeal and provide any extra details or evidence to support your claim.

If you’ve appealed and we’ve replied to confirm our decision, you can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal service. You can also appeal to them if you do not hear back from us within two months of making your appeal.

Valuation Tribunal appeals

You can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal within two months of us confirming whether or not we have changed our decision and no later than four months after we received your notice.