About trading standards

We promote and maintain a fair and safe trading environment to protect consumers and allow businesses to thrive in our area.


Free, confidential and impartial consumer advice is given by Citizens Advice. Contact them if you think something should be reported as a trading standards issue. They will pass the information to us so we can decide if we need to investigate.

report a concern using the Citizens Advice website
Citizens advice consumer service

03454 040 506

Report food crime

Food Crime Confidential is a reporting facility where anyone with suspicions about food crime can report them safely and in confidence, over the phone or through email. Run by the National Food Crime Unit, the facility is particularly targeted at those working in or around the UK food industry.