Selling to us
Selling to the council
All our contract opportunities over £10,000 are let through the Supplying the South West online procurement portal. If you register with Supplying the South West you will receive email alerts for relevant advertised contract opportunities you may be interested in applying for. It’s free to register and you’ll have access to full support provided by their helpdesk.
For more information about doing business with us, read our selling to the council guide.
Contract standing orders
Our procurement procedures depend on the estimated value of the contract:
- Up to £4,999 – quotations not required. Direct award permissible
- £5,000 to £9,999 – invite three quotes
- £10,000 to £49,999 – invite three quotes
- £50,000 to £99,999 – invite five quotes
- £100,000 to £499,999 – open tender. OJEU if over threshold
- £500,000 to £999,999 – open tender. OJEU if over threshold
- £1,000,000 to £4,999,999 – open tender. OJEU if over threshold
- £5,000,000 to £9,999,999 – OJEU tender
- £10,000,000 and over – OJEU tender
We’re working on a set of terms and conditions for contracts with a whole life value of less than £100,000. It will be published here soon.