Weston-super-Mare town centre regeneration
Alexandra Parade and Station Road proposed works
Local businesses, town councils, residents and developers in North Somerset are being invited to give their views on proposed improvement works to Station Road, Walliscote Road, Alexandra Parade and Regent Street in Weston-super-Mare town centre as part of a consultation process.
The project is being funded by a £4.45m grant from the Department for Transport and Local Growth Fund for public realm, highways and transport improvements to Station Road, Walliscote Road and Alexandra Parade. A further £850,000 from the same sources has also been awarded for similar works in Regent Street.
The current proposals under consultation include:
• a more attractive entrance to the town with improved landscaping and the planting of over 22 new trees with a total of 75 in the works area
• offering simpler access for pedestrians
• alterations to the road layout of Alexandra Parade and Walliscote Road to reduce the volume of traffic in the town centre
• enhancing cycling and pedestrian links across the town centre
• bringing scattered town centre bus stops into one location on Regent Street, making the use of public transport easier
• reducing the impact of lorries in the daytime, introducing loading access to a new pedestrian zone on Regent Street between 6pm and 10am, with loading bays on the outskirts of the pedestrian zone available at all times of the day
Please forward suggestions and comments to: Weston.firstname.lastname@example.org