House to house charity collections

You need this licence if you are carrying out collections for charitable purposes house to house.

You must:

  • apply one month before the start date of your collection
  • supply a return after your house to house collection
apply to run a house to house collection on Gov.UK website

If you have not heard from us by the end of the 21 day completion date you will be able to carry on as though your application has been granted.

There is no application fee.

We limit the number of collections in any particular area and may reject an application if another organisation has already been granted permission to carry out a collection. If your application is refused you can contact us to discuss your case.


House to House Collections Act 1939

licensing team
Licensing, Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1UJ

01934 426 800

Last reviewed: Monday 15 February 2016