Places of religious worship, marriage and civil partnership

Places of religious worship

Venues for marriages or civil partnerships

apply for a venue licence on the Gov.UK website

Include with your application:

  • a plan of the premises which clearly identifies the room or rooms in which the proceedings will occur
  • public liability insurance certificate

If you have not heard from us by the end of the 42 day completion date you will be able to carry on as though your application has been granted.

Church of England churches or chapels do not need to register. If premises are shared with another denomination, the trustees of the sharing congregation may register.

For failed applications or other issues, contact the registration service. For complaints, contact the person in writing first then contact the service if you need further help.


Marriages and Civil Partnerships (Approved Premises) Regulations 2005

registration service
At the moment, we are only taking appointments to register a death.

Birth, notice of marriage and civil partnership appointments are currently unavailable.

If you need to register a death please call or email us.

01823 282 251

Last reviewed: Monday 15 February 2016