Fireworks and explosives storage

You need this licence if you store fireworks or explosives.

Apply to store less than 2,000kg of explosives:

Apply to store more than 2,000kg of explosives from the Health and Safety Executive.

If you are storing up to two tonnes of an explosive that requires an explosive certificate (for example, blasting explosive or black powder), you will need a licence from the police.

Fireworks can only be sold between 15 October – 10 November, 26 – 31 December and three days before and on the Chinese New Year and Diwali. If you wish to sell fireworks at other times of the year you need to contact our trading standards team by completing a:

Retailers must have a fireworks and explosives storage licence to apply.


Explosives Regulations 2014

Fireworks Regulations 2004

trading standards

01275 888 634

Last reviewed: Thursday 14 January 2016