Premises licence

You need this licence if you are providing regulated entertainment, selling alcohol or late-night refreshments.

Regulated entertainment is entertainment that takes place in front of an audience.

New applications must include an operating schedule, a plan of the premises and a form of consent from the premises supervisor (for applications where the sale of alcohol will be a licensable activity).

Applicants will be required to advertise their application and to give a copy to all the named responsible authorities.

We offer a pre-application advice service to applicants who require guidance through the process. However, this does not pre-determine the outcome of any application.

Once granted, licences may be varied, transferred or reviewed.

apply for a premises licence on the Gov.UK website

You must be over 18 years of age to apply.

Fees are payable on applications relating to premises licences. The fee for a licence is determined by the rateable value of the premises.

There is no fee payable when only regulated entertainment is being provided in schools or community buildings.

If you have not heard from us by the end of the 42 day completion date you will be able to carry on as though your application has been granted.

For failed applications, consumer complaints or other issues, contact the licensing team.


Licensing Act 2003

licensing team
Licensing, Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1UJ

01934 426 800

Last reviewed: Monday 15 February 2016