Club premises certificates

You need this licence if you are supplying alcohol or regulated entertainment in a qualifying club.

Regulated entertainment is entertainment that takes place in front of an audience. The general conditions to be a qualifying club are set by legislation.

New applications must include an operating schedule and a plan of the premises.

Applicants will be required to advertise their application and to give a copy to all the named responsible authorities.

The fee for a licence is determined by the rateable value of the premises.

We offer a pre-application advice service to applicants who require guidance through the process. However, this does not pre-determine the outcome of any application.

Once granted, licences may be varied, transferred or reviewed.

If you have not heard from us by the end of the 42 day completion date you will be able to carry on as though your application has been granted.

For failed applications, consumer complaints or other issues, contact the licensing team.


Licensing Act 2003

licensing team
Licensing, Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1UJ

01934 426 800

Last reviewed: Monday 15 February 2016