Complaints about social services

People receiving social care from us can complain if they are not happy with the service they have received.

Children and young people receiving care, or parents and people with sufficient interest in the welfare of a child, also have the right to make a complaint.

First talk to the person who you would normally deal with. They will try to resolve the problem.

If you are unhappy with their response, contact our complaints manager who aims to reply to you within 28 days.

If you are not satisfied with the complaints manager’s response, the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman may be able to help you.