Register office move at Clevedon
The register office in Clevedon is moving to North Somerset Council’s Castlewood offices early next month.
The office at the Clevedon library site in Old Church Road will close on Friday 1 December and will re-open the following Wednesday (6 December) at Castlewood in Tickenham Road. It will be open 9am-12.30pm Monday to Friday, plus 2pm-4pm on Tuesdays.
The move will benefit customers in a number of ways:
- the new office is purpose built with much better internet connection than the existing one
- there is currently no meet and greet facility at the existing office, so if the registrar is in an appointment customers have no option but to wait until she is available
- customers will be greeted at reception at Castlewood, booked into the diary via an online diary system and then shown to a quiet waiting area
- via the online diary system reception staff will be able to advise customers when the registrar will be available
- alternatively customers will be able to use a direct dial phone in the reception area. This will put them straight through to the registration customer service team who will be able to give advice and book appointments.
The council has been developing its reception area at Castlewood which now has a number of features for visitors including:
- 10 public access computers
- three customer phones programmed for council departments
- a payment kiosk
- an area for appointments and meetings
- display space for information
- customer toilets
- comfortable seating for waiting and reading
- two electronic information boards
- designated visitor parking.
The council is already in negotiations with a prospective new tenant for the building at the library site being vacated by the registration service.
In addition to the register office, Clevedon Jobcentre is also moving to Castlewood and will open to the public on Tuesday 5 December. Read more about this at: http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/news/jobcentre-move-in-clevedon/.