Jobcentre move in Clevedon
Employment and benefits advice will be available under one roof in Clevedon from the beginning of December.
Clevedon Jobcentre is moving to North Somerset Council’s Castlewood offices where it will be joining the benefits service in a shared accessible space on Tuesday 5 December.
Opening hours will be 9am to 5pm every weekday, except Wednesday when it will open at 10am.
Designated visitor parking is available on site and there’s a bus stop right outside the entrance to Castlewood.
Combining the jobcentre with the benefits service will help customers in a number of ways. The following services will be available:
- assistance with the online claim process for Universal Credit
- personal budgeting support
- nine public computers for making claims with staff on hand to help
- work coaches to help people back to work
- specialist advice and support for young people aged 16 and 17 to gain employment or go back to learning
- employment and skills development
- housing and benefits advice and financial planning
- business start-up, self-employment support and work experience placements.
“With the advent of Universal Credit it’s important that the council and the Department for Work and Pensions work together to ensure its successful implementation,” said Cllr David Pasley, the council’s executive member responsible for the benefits service.
“In order to achieve this it was agreed that we needed to work together in a shared area within Castlewood accessible to customers and provide a joined-up approach to getting people back into work.”
Jobcentre Plus District Manager Sandra Creavin said: “I am delighted to be working in partnership with North Somerset Council to deliver an enhanced customer service in the newly developed local authority premises located in Clevedon.
“This one-stop shop will allow claimants to access a wide range of services, while providing value for money for taxpayers.”
In addition to the jobcentre, the register office in Clevedon is also moving to Castlewood and will open to the public on Wednesday 6 December. Read more about this at: http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/news/register-office-move-at-clevedon/.