Clevedon’s gateway to services
Employment and benefits advice is now available under one roof in Clevedon.
Clevedon Jobcentre has moved to North Somerset Council’s Castlewood offices in Tickenham Road where it has joined the benefits service in a shared accessible space.
The new gateway is open from 9am to 5pm every weekday, except Wednesday when it opens at 10am.
Combining the jobcentre with the benefits service helps customers in a number of ways, including:
- assistance with the online claim process for Universal Credit
- personal budgeting support
- nine public computers for making claims with staff on hand to help
- work coaches to help people back to work
- specialist advice and support for young people aged 16 and 17 to gain employment or go back to learning
- employment and skills development
- housing and benefits advice and financial planning
- business start-up, self-employment support and work experience placements.
“Bringing a multitude of services together under one roof, the new gateway offers a unique and groundbreaking service delivery model, enabling us to offer a more holistic and professional service for our customers,” said Cllr Chris Blades, the Chairman of North Somerset Council.
Cllr Blades officially opened the new facility with Chris Guest, Work Services Director for Southern England with the Department for Work and Pensions.
Chris Guest said: “The new location provides a great opportunity to join up services for our customers in a modern, professional environment.”
In addition to the jobcentre, the register office in Clevedon has also moved to Castlewood and is open from 9am-12.30pm Monday to Friday, plus 2pm-4pm on Tuesdays.