Help to live independently at home
If you have a disability, and experience practical difficulties, occupational therapists can work with you to find ways of managing everyday tasks.
Occupational therapists work with individuals to:
- assess your, and your carer’s, difficulties carrying out everyday living tasks
- advise on different ways to manage activities
- advise carers on manual-handling
- loan essential equipment to help day-to-day living
- help with minor adaptations to their home
- recommend major adaptations to their home
There is no charge for the initial assessment, but you will need a financial assessment for some services and may have to pay all or part of the cost.
Talk to your doctor if you need a wheelchair, walking aid, or any specialist nursing equipment. If you have recently been discharged from hospital you should have seen an occupational therapist, if not contact the hospital.
01275 888 801