Disability confident employer
We are accredited as a disability confident employer.
This means we are committed to:
- challenging attitudes towards disability
- increasing understanding of disability
- removing barriers for disabled people and those with long-term health conditions in employment
- ensuring that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
Actions we are taking to maintain these commitments include:
- ensuring our job application process is fully accessible
- guaranteeing an interview to all disabled people who meet the essential criteria for an advertised job role
- ensuring that reasonable adjustments are made for disabled staff when they start work
- providing support for disabled staff, using our health and safety team, ICT service, occupational health, disability leave scheme, Access to Work and Fit for Work service
- inviting disabled staff to join our Disabled Staff Forum for ongoing support and engagement on the development of staff policies and processes.
01934 634 832