Problems with your property

Private landlords

You should contact your landlord if you have a problem with the conditions you are living in. Write a letter to them and allow a reasonable amount of time for the problem to be resolved. You should keep a copy of the letter in case you need to refer to it again.

If your landlord refuses to do the work contact us. We can make sure the property meets legislation and is safe and fit to live in.

Letting agencies

Your agent should have their own complaints procedure to raise any issues you have with the property. If you have already used this find out which redress scheme your agent is a member of and contact them. It is a legal need for a letting agent to be a member of a redress scheme to deal with any complaints they could not resolve. You can look this up online.

private rented housing

01934 426 885