How we can help you find accommodation
To see the housing options most suitable for your situation, follow the steps in our housing options wizard.
Our housing advice team can
- give you advice and help to find accommodation in the private rented sector
- provide advice if you are having problems paying your rent or mortgage
- assess your housing needs before you are discharged from hospital
- give you advice and help if your landlord tries to illegally evict or harass you
- put you in contact with youth supported housing projects if you are a young person who needs to leave the family home
When you contact us about your situation we will give you a housing advice officer. They will:
- be your point of contact
- help you find accommodation
- tell you what support is available
- give advice if you are having problems paying your rent or mortgage
- visit you if you are in hospital to assess your housing options before you are discharged
- help if your landlord tries to illegally evict or is harassing you
We may be able to provide emergency accommodation if you are homeless. This is a limited service and is dependent on circumstances and eligibility. A housing advice officer makes this decision based on your situation.
If you have no option but to move we will work with you to find suitable housing. If you move in to private rented housing we may be able to offer you a deposit bond, for the landlord, if you would struggle to pay a cash deposit.
01934 426 330