Applying for housing using HomeChoice
Applying for social housing
All available social housing properties in the district are advertised each Thursday. You can express an interest in up to three properties each week, using the HomeChoice website, when you are eligible to register.
It is unlikely that you will be offered a social housing tenancy unless you are in severe circumstances. We have about 3,500 households waiting on the HomeChoice register, and over 300 new applicants every month, with only about 600 properties becoming available each year.
When we receive your application we will assess your housing need. You will be allocated to one of four priority bands (A-D). There is also an emergency priority band for people in urgent need.
Bidding for available properties
Vacant properties are shown on the HomeChoice website. If you see one which meets your needs tell us that you wish to be considered for it. You can bid:
- using the HomeChoice website
- through our 24 hour automated bidding line on 0845 5050 124
- in person at Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare
You will need a local connection to apply and details are on the HomeChoice website.
You may not be eligible to join the HomeChoice register if
- you are subject to immigration controls under the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and do not have refugee status
- you have exceptional leave to stay in the UK or indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- a member of your household has been guilty of unacceptable behaviour serious enough to make you an unsuitable tenant
01934 426 330