What to do when moving home

Use MyAccount to update your name or address if you are moving within North Somerset, or complete our form providing:

  • your name
  • the address you are moving from
  • the date you are moving out
  • the address you are moving to
  • the date the property was purchased or tenancy started
  • if rented, the name and address of the landlord
  • if you pay by Direct Debit, and would like to continue paying this way
  • if you have any discounts or exemptions that need to continue

We will update our records and issue a bill.

update your details using MyAccount

If you can’t update your details using MyAccount, complete an enquiry form and a member of staff who is able to deal with your enquiry will contact you.

contact us about Council Tax

If you are a landlord advising us that your tenants have moved, email landlords&lettingsNS@liberata.com.

Updating your Council Tax details does not automatically register you to vote at election. To do this visit the Gov.uk website.

Registering for Council Tax

If you have just moved into North Somerset, or you have moved into your own home for the first time, you will need to register for Council Tax.

register for Council Tax using MyAccount