Registrar fees and charges
Certificate of birth, death, marriage or civil partnership
- £4 when issued from a registrar’s current register at the time of your registration appointment
- £7 when issued after a registration appointment
If you need a certificate of death registered after an inquest, contact us to find out the fee.
- £11 standard application (statutory fee for certificate of £10)
- £26 priority/express service (first class same day delivery if request received before 2pm)
- £30 while you wait service (within an hour if request received by 2pm). You can apply in person at Somerset Heritage Centre, where the records are held.