With England currently in a national lockdown, our three recycling centres remain open for essential use only.
The essential use policy is a short-term solution while infection rates are so high. Do not visit if you have symptoms of coronavirus.
You should only visit if it is essential and you cannot safely store waste or recycling at home. Limit travel and maximise your journey by:
- storing waste at home if it is safe to do so
- making full use of our kerbside services. You can order additional recycling boxes and food waste caddies online
- if you only have one bag of waste please dispose of it in your black bin at home, or wait to fill your car to reduce the number of visits
- being considerate and limiting use will allow everyone an opportunity to visit
- if you are having a clear out or doing DIY please consider postponing taking your waste to a recycling centre until after the lockdown, as this is not considered an essential activity
It is important to follow social distancing at our sites and remain 2m apart from staff and other users at all times.
There is a limit to the number of vehicles allowed on site at one time, so queues are likely. Restrictions are in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
During your visit please follow the guidelines and all on-site signs. Respect staff, who are working under difficult conditions.