How to claim

You only need to make one application to claim both Housing Benefit and Council Tax support.

The first part of the process will tell you if you are entitled and how much you might receive. Your benefit will usually start from the Monday after we receive your claim.

make a claim using MyAccount

We will write to let you know how much you have been awarded and how we have worked it out. We will credit your Council Tax account with the total amount awarded and you will receive a new Council Tax bill showing the revised amount.

If your circumstances change and there is an overpayment, your Council Tax account will be amended and you will receive a new Council Tax bill.